Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Wings

Hi...

Still hard with a broken right wrist so I'll write big, haha! I spoke the other sunday about mounting up with wings as eagles. I tried to point out that it was not "..mounting up on eagles.."! They can't fly with you on their back!

It doesn't say that we are scooped up by eagles, but that WE are to do the "mounting up" on our spiritual wings just as eagles do. They don't constanly flap their wings and struggle to stay in the air but they glide off mountain tops or out of their aerie (nest), and catch the air currents. If they need to go higher, they just find a thermal and ride it up by circling within the thermal (hot air updraft).

God wants us to stop "flapping and struggling" to stay in the spiritual "air" and learn the "currents" and "thermals" 0f His spirit. Above every storm there is a cloudless sky! The sun is bright and the view is beautiful. I know of many people who have been in such terrible storms and did not know how to "read the wind" to rise above it.

Jesus knew how, and He said to us all, "Come unto me all you who are laboring and are under a heavy load. Take my yoke upon you and learn of me because I am meek and humble and I know the currents!" (My addition).

To hear this message live, go to www.touchedbyhislove.org and click on "media" and look for Dec 14th message.

jack

No comments: