Friday, December 19, 2008

More on tiffany

I am still struggling with this broken wrst/arm so I will keep this short. I will pick up better after Christmas!

Here is an update on Tiffany I got from LA yesterday:

Hi bro..Yesterday revealed two things, small improvement in that Tiffany's nerves when subjected to electric shock displayed movement in the legs. That would indicate that the legs are alive and not destroyed. The second thing we saw was the obvious disappointment in Tiffany at how far she has to go on this journey. At one point she said, "just think what I was doing a week ago". She has been flat on her back a week today and the pain seems to be increasing as the pain meds are decreased. She is miserable in the bed because she can change positions very little. The care in the hospital is very good and attentive. Tiff is surrounded every day with many friends here who are from all over the world. 80% of those living in Dubai are from other countries. They, along with her company, have flooded her with gifts and flowers. Teresa spent the night with her last night and I'm having breakfast and getting ready to go to the hospital. She has a very nice room. The insurance company balked at first and said they wouldn't pay and the owner of her company, a very powerful man, called and said, "if you ever want to do business in Dubai, take care of this young woman". We now have a suite with leather coaches and two t.v.s. I am struggling with trying to navigate the normal frustrations of trying to do the daily tasks in a foreign culture. For example I spent all day yesterday just getting money from her atm and picking up her car from the shop. God sent me two angels, after he let me sweat and steam. One was an Indian who volunteered to take me to the bank. He stayed with me, helped me buy a prepaid phone card for my local phone and brought me home again...no charge!

The next angel was a Taxi driver from Peking. We spent a couple of hours together trying to find her Jeep. He took me everywhere and waited patiently as I sorted out each challenge. Yes, I gave him a good tip! There's a summary of our present situation. We love all of you and sense and see the effects of your prayers daily. I have traveled all over the world preaching for 30 years but things are different when you are trying to wrestle for the life and health of your child. Thus, much of my frustration. I'm not handling it very well but I am pressing toward the mark. One thing you can pray for, in addition to her healing is the right place for her long term rehab. Her company insurance will not pay for rehab in the USA. At first we were told possibly England or maybe France. Now thay are saying possibly India! That's a little scary to me. We can't afford to walk away from here insurance and bring her home so we are investigating every possible option. Please cover this in prayer. Bless all of you, Teresa and I truly pray that you and your family will have a joy-filled Christmas. We were excited that our son Shane will be joining us here for a Middle Eastern Christmas!

Much Love and Appreciation!
L.A. And Teresa

No comments: