Sunday, November 2, 2008

Change.

You know, I have learned in my life that change isn't always good! Changing a dirty diaper is good and changing the water filter in the kitchen sink is good, BUT CHANGE NEEDS TO BE EXPOUNDED ON AND CLARIFIED OR IT NEEDS TO BE SCRAPPED!

Now change from Glory to Glory is good. Remember, it isn't change from misery to Glory , it is Glory to Glory! Recently I heard of a minister who told one of his people that to be "a work in progress", meant that they were living in defeat... I don't agree! If we are not individually "works in progress", we are not being changed from Glory to Glory and there is no future for us in the spirit! If you do not need change, then you have obviously arrived!

Holy Spirit is constantly forming Christ in us. Paul said in Galatians 4:19 "My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you!" I feel the same way about the people God has placed me over for ministry. I am longingand yearning to see Christ formed in so many of them! Now they aren't neccesarily bad people, as a matter of fact they are wonderful folks! But we cannot ever become content with ourselves. It is not good to be critical of your self nor to carry introspection to an extreme, but we just need to listen to, and obey, the Holy Spirit when He corrects or direct us in or lives!

I told the church today that we should ask for guidance from the Lord and His Spirit before making major decisions such as marriage, changing employment, or even building a house! God's people often got in trouble for not inquiring of Him first! He has told us that if we would acknowledge Him in all our ways, He would direct our paths! Seek Him and you will find Him, ask and it shall be given, knock and it will be opened unto you!

1 comment:

lynda sue said...

You couldn't be more right. My prayer is "Father, change me so I look like, talk like, walk like, think like, pray like, love like, forgive like, even smell like You. Now that is going from glory to Glory, for sure. Give us the heart of our King to go along with His mind being formed in us. He is establishing Himself in us if we allow that change. What a change that is.