Monday, February 23, 2009

A Cue FromGod

I recently got a piece of mail from someone that had one statement in it that made an inroad into my heart... It said that there was "help in the wings" or something to that effect. I immediately thought of the times I have been preaching and suddenly needed help from the wings. A cue! A clue!

I have been preaching and pastoring and teaching Bible for 40 years now, give or take a month or two, and I have never gotten over the supernatural "stage-fright", the fear of not pleasing the Creator as I spoke of Him, His son, and His Spirit! Anyone worth their salt, and with an ounce of realization in them is a little afraid of not measuring up to God's level. Now I don't worry about people, only Him! If I was preaching about people then I would worry about them... but I'm not!

I believe that He is able to take what I say, especially if I have been dilligent in my preparation, and minister it to the hearts and minds of the hearers. But I still want to please Him. I don't want to make it necessary for Him to repeatedly replace "Malchus' ear" weekly! That is just one of the problems. Here are more!

I don't ever want to use the pulpit to attack, promote, or please anyone. I don't want trivia. I don't want a "canned" sermon off the internet either! I really want to bring a relevant, revelant, 'warm' Word from God to His flock! That is what most people want anyway. They don't want to be excited by delivery, but by the Spirit! Most believers want something they thought came from God, through the preacher, to them!!!

Pray for me!!! jack

1 comment:

Rebecca at the Well said...

Always praying Pastor Jack.
Becki F