Monday, October 27, 2008

Puttin' Mercury on my list...

Hi... I am starting a regular study on this site soon. I will keep on with the 'folksy' stuff even after I start the study!

I have heard that girl on the Mercury commercial say, "You've just gotta' put Mercury on your list." until it has become a joke at home. I tell Shellie tht I have put Mercury on my list every day!

I've been thinking tonight that if a pretty girl, chosen for the part, can fill my head with a slogan that almost (I said almost) can make me want to go look at a Mercury, surely we need to keep on repeating the truths from God's Word until people begin to say to themselves, "maybe I ought to put Jesus on my list"! Now I don't mean we should be a nuisance, but after all Peter said, "I will not be negligent to put you always in remembrance of these things, though ye know them, and be established in the present truth. Yea, I think it meet, as long as I am in this tabernacle, to stir you up by putting you in remembrance; Knowing that shortly I must put off this my tabernacle, even as our Lord Jesus Christ hath showed me."

Peter felt that he should consantly remind people concerning what was important! He realized that after he died, they might let all this slip from their priority list. He wanted the ministry he had with them to continue "automatically" in them and to be propagated to others uninterrupted by his demise!

If you knew where they were giving away free food, and you had someone who was hungry, You would keep teling them where it was and encouraging them to "put that place on their list"! Tell me... is Jesus really on your list? Near the top?

Keep on telling your friends and co-workers and family that they've just gott'a put Jesus on their list!

Love you... jack

1 comment:

Unknown said...

thanks, jack!
I think it's absolutely the best idea to get into the Word and make it your "mantra", then go out and give it to someone else! If you are going to have one to cling to, why not have one that carries the power of God all over it?! But it won't happen without getting your nose in the Word!
love and miss you!
-felicia